To begin creating questions, after a product is created, click on the Product Builder tab. The following appears:
The first section in the screenshot above is 'Questions Set 1.' You can highlight the section name and rename to anything you choose. A “section” is displayed as a separate page on a portal. Tip: Limit the number of questions in each section to one topic to reduce scrolling.
To begin creating questions, click on the right-angle caret to the left of the section, this will point the caret down and expand the question area.
From here, you can edit section and sub-section titles, as well as add sections, sub-sections, questions, loops, or embedded question sets.
A unique QID is automatically generated. This QID can be modified and used across multiple products.
Add the question text into the 'Question Text' field.
You can also mark a question as required or set a default answer by switching the toggles on or off. Conditional logic can be added to any question.
The platform supports various answer types - the default format is always 'text,' but can be changed.
- Text: This term permits free typing of letters and numbers. Useful for responses that may include both letters and numbers, such as a driver’s license.
- Textarea: This creates a text box. While similar to Text, it is provided for visual ease when typing large amounts of text.
- Yes/No Boolean: This allows for only a yes or no response.
- Email: This formats the response to an email format: email@example.com. The characters before the @ sign can be punctuated without the answer being rejected.
- Select from List: Used when only one answer is permitted.
- Checkboxes: Used when there are multiple answers permitted.
- Number: Only numbers can be entered, separated by commas.
- Year: Only 4-digit year permitted.
- Percent: Numbers and a period can be entered. Only two numbers after the period may be entered.
- Square Feet: Numbers and a period can be entered. Only two numbers after the period may be entered.
- Currency ($): Numbers and a period can be entered. Only two numbers after the period may be entered.
- Phone: Only 10 Numbers can be entered. The number is formatted xxx-xxx-xxxx.
- State: US State and Washington D.C., can be selected in a dropdown. Only only one can be selected.
- Zipcode: Only 5 numbers may be entered.
- FEIN: Enter 9 digits only. Formats as Federal Tax ID only.
- Date picker: Provides a calendar for selecting a date. If in years past or future, enter data in 00/00/0000 format using forward slashes.
- Industry: Select industry from graphical interface.